Dogs are welcome at the park but we remind our visitors that ALL DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEASHES for the following reasons:
- Burger Hill is an important site for habitat conservation and dogs will often disturb our nesting birds or other animals that lie off the designated path.
- Owners are responsible for their dog’s actions. Should the dog bite another hiker, the owner will be held responsible.
- Your dog may be calm and compliant, but the leash requirement ensures that potentially aggressive dogs are kept under control and unable to attack you OR your pet.
- No mater how friendly a dog may be, some guests may not appreciate being approached by them. We want everyone to be able to enjoy their time at the Park. Take into account that dog phobias do exist and some guests may feel threatened by your unleashed dog.
- IT IS THE LAW that dogs be leashed in a public space that is not designated as a dog park. Please be compliant.
For the safety of your pet, Park wildlife, and other hikers, please be courteous and keep your dog on a leash.