Winnakee is Seeking a Marketing Intern
Winnakee Land Trust (WLT) seeks applications for an internship beginning in January 2017. This internship will provide extensive exposure to and hands on experience with a regionally-based land trust. The mission of Winnakee Land Trust is to protect and preserve the natural, agricultural, cultural, scenic, historical, and open space resources of northern Dutchess County, including farmland, viewsheds, wetlands, habitats and undisturbed natural areas. Winnakee establishes public-access trails and parks and educates the communities we serve about the importance of natural resource protection.
This position reports to the Director of Development. The following duties can be split into more than one internship depending on intern goals and availability.
PRIMARY DUTIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- WLT Public Relations
- Assist with editing press release copy
- Create standard elevator pitches for the WLT Gala and other initiatives
- Create and distribute press kits when appropriate
- Create Winnakee Land Trust Blog and organize or write posts
- Create regional list of calendars and post WLT events
- Social Media and Web Site Coordinator
- Develop outlined content plan for all digital platforms-Winter/Spring 2017
- Develop social media outreach plan for potential sponsors
- Monitor page each day and appropriately respond to constituents
- Weekly analytics
- Develop lists of relevant accounts for WLT and follow them
- Other Marketing
- Take Seasonal Photographs, manage monthly photo contest
- Email Blasts–Assist Development Director and Assistant in creating email blasts
- Newsletter—Assist with layout of print and e-newsletters
- Ads—Create advertisements for local publications
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Commitment to the mission of the WLT to conserve private working landscapes and significant natural and cultural resources using conservation easements and other tools.
- Excellent writing, organizational and Social Media skills.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to function productively as both a member of a work team and independently.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
Send Resume and Cover letter to:
Ellen Henneberry, Director of Development